When you should stop taking your medication?
When you are unwell with any of the following:
- Vomiting or diarrhoea (unless only minor)
- Fevers, sweats shaking
Then STOP taking the medicines listed here. Restart when you are well (after 24-48 hours of eating and drinking normally). If you are in any doubt, please contact us or your pharmacist.
- ACE Inhibitors: Medicine names ending in 'pril' e.g. lisinopril, perindopril, ramipril
- ARBs: Medicine names ending in 'sartan' e.g. losartan, candesartan, valsartan
- NSAIDs: Anti-inflammatory pain killers e.g. ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen
- Diuretics: Sometimes called 'water pills' egg furosemide, spironolactone, indapamide, bendroflumethiazide
- Metformin: A medicine for diabetes